Monday, February 15, 2010

John took a job at a pizza joint...

... so I haven't had to do much cooking as of late, but tonight he is home and we will be eating sausage, peppers, and onions tonight. Hopefully there will be enough left over to make some quesadillas out of them later in the week. Chop up everything real small, layer in on the tortilla, drop some feta cheese down, place another tortilla shell on top and press that sucker.

Oh, I almost forgot. Since today was President's Day and I have the day off for a holiday I did a little something special that I learned from an old college buddy, Mike Graff. The neighbors gave us a couple of small yellow peppers and a few teeny red peppers, so I pretended that they were all jalapenos and made poppers. Cut em in half, cut out the ribs and the stalks, stuffed them with tasty deli cream cheese and wrapped them with bacon I semi cooked for 2 minutes in the microwave. Then I "grilled" them in a stove top skillet. This was my first time making them, so I didn't make a big production out of it, but let me tell ya - those suckers were yum-my!!

No comments:

Post a Comment