Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Wow - been quite a while...

So, I've made lots of meals since the last time I wrote, but I was too much of a procrastinator to post. Unbelievable! I promise myself that I'm going to hop on and do this because within the past month, I've made a dish or two that I would like to know what I wanted to do differently. Since I didn't blog about it... I've forgotten and probably will just not make the recipes again and that's a shame.

Tonight, I made an herb seasoned roasted pork tenderloin with granny smith apples and a pan sauce. First I cut the silverskin from the 2 loins that came in my package from Publix. If you don't know about this trick, learn it. It's that sort of silvery looking thick stuff on the thicker end of the loin. Grab a paring knife and cut it off.

After I cut the off the silverskin, I made an herb mixture of garlic salt, onion powder, chili powder, cumin, oregano, thyme, and a little dash of dillweed - these were all dried herbs. I rubbed this mix onto every side of the loins and seared it in a dish on the stove top at medium-high heat. Towards the end I added in a clove of minced garlic and deglazed the pan with some apple cider vinegar.

I sliced a granny smith apple and placed a few slices on top of the loins and in the pan. I roasted the loins at 450 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. I made sure the meat reached an internal temperature of 160* and let it rest on a platter.

I added in a little water (it would have been chicken stock if I had any) and a bit of freshly ground pepper and thickened up the pan sauce on the stove top.

I served the pork medallions with a few slices of apples and poured some of the super tasty pan sauce on top. Yum-tastic! Try it and tell me how you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment